About our Private Guide Service...
We provide the guide just for you and will match the person to your needs. We do this for:
- Outdoor Programs
- Travel Organizations
- Families or Reunions
- Individuals with special needs
Our guides are licensed, trained and experienced outdoors people who will enhance your enjoyment of the outdoors and give you a new appreciation for the art of canoeing, outdoor cooking, nature study or fishing. A guide will assist you in any task that will help make your trip even more enjoyable. We will ask you some questions about why you are hiring the services of a guide in order to help us select the best guide for your party. A guide is available for $225 per day for up to six people, and $25 for each additional person. This includes the cost of the guides outfitting.
About Our Guides
Nick's passion for the outdoors began at a young age on camping trips with his father and family. This love has grown and led to degrees in Wilderness Recreation Leadership and Environmental Science from the Adirondack's own North Country Community College. Whether on the water or the trail, Nick is always looking for new places to explore and greatly enjoys helping others to do so as well.
Joe has long enjoyed sharing nature and the outdoors with people. He has worked as an oar-rigged raft guide on the Rio Grande, a naturalist in Florida and an Assistant Forest Ranger in the Adirondack High Peaks. Joe has co-led month-long treks with adjudicated youth and numerous extended backcountry outdoor leadership learning expeditions at the collegiate level. He taught in the Recreation, Adventure Travel and Ecotourism program at Paul Smith's College for eight years and is currently working on an initiative to establish a system of hut-to-hut routes in the Adirondacks.
Producer of the Adirondack Paddler's Map, a degree in botany and extensive paddling experience make Dave a fun person to be with while exploring the backcountry. Dave has guided rock and ice climbing, XC skiing and all forms of paddlesports before starting St. Regis.
Rivka is passionate about helping people connect with and fall in love with nature. She is an avid paddler and hiker. Rivka and Dave lead guided Destination trips in Florida, North & South Carolina and Georgia from November to March every year. Rivka has a special interest in history tours. She has a background in art.
Doug is avid canoeist who has done several extended trips in Canada and spent a lifetime working in the out of doors. He is recently retired from the NYS Dept of Environmental Conservation, where he oversaw operation of several state campgrounds in this area. Doug is an American Canoe Association level II canoe and kayak instructor, a storyteller and is also available to officate weddings. A graduate of Paul Smiths College, he has spent decades exploring and hiking here in the Adirondacks.
Lynn is a full-time guide, itinerary planner and the trip coordinator for Adirondack Connections Guide Service. Born in Lake Placid, she is an Adirondack native pursuing the outdoor traditions of her father and grandfather. Lynn has a B.S. in Physical Education & Recreation and a M.S. in Education from St. Lawrence University.
- Please call for more information about our various guides. Any of these people are patient, passionate teachers who love to share their enthusiasm for outdoor lore.
- Reservations can be made with a deposit of one half the total guide cost.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable, but will be applied towards final payment.
- Please call us for your guide fee. Generally the cost of a guide starts at $225 per day for up to 8 people.
- If you cancel a guided trip or instructional program (figured on a calendar day basis) at least 30 days prior to trip departure date, you will be receive a SRCO store credit less a $75 administrative fee. If circumstances beyond our control cause us to cancel any reservation, we will promptly refund your deposit in full. All credits are store credits for services only and must be used within one year.
- We look forward to helping you.